For the wireless home network to access the internet, many people have ADSL modems and routers in your home or office. In order to get the best and efficient access of this wireless router, everyone needs to know about the default ip address of the device. Each and every wireless modem and router has a factory set default internet protocol (IP) address like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 along with the 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.
If you are using the Netgear ADSL/DSL modem router for the wireless internet connection, the IP address will be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. For the D-Link and other brands of ADSL modems and routers, the default internet protocol address will be 192.168.1.1.
Some of the users have been doing mistakes in typing the ip address in the browser or other places. The frequent mistake many individuals do is typing the ip address as 192.168.o.1.1 which is totally wrong. The ip address of the ADSL router will definitely be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 which is absolutely correct to get access to your wireless router device.
Accessing the ADSL routers/modems through default IP address:
- For accessing your ADSL modem or router of any brand, you need to connect your computer either wirelessly or through wire to the router.
- Then, you should have to open your web browser and type in the default ip address.
- If this address will not take you to the login page of your router, then the ip address might have been changed. In this case, it is essential to enter the new that is changed ip address. When you don’t know or forget the changed ip address, then it is better reset your ADSL router to the default factory settings. Then, your router will get the default IP address value to access it.
To reset your ADSL router or modem to the factory settings and default values, there is a particular factory reset button located at the back side of your ADSL modem or router. Once you have press this button, it will take a few seconds to get the default values. The default ip address of the ADSL modems and routers will be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
For the factory reset through the web interface, you can follow these steps.
- You first have to open the internet browser and type of default ip address 192.168.1.1 ip address of your ADSL router and hit Enter key.
- Then, you have to enter the default login username and password and click on the login button.
- In this step, you can click the tools tab and then click on the systems commands.
- Finally, you must click the restore button for the factory reset.
How to find the IP address of ADSL modem:
If you are using the ADSL modem or router of any popular brand like Netgear, D-Link, or anything for your home network, you can easily find the default ip address of your modem using the following simple steps. For accessing the router settings of ADSL line in your home or office, you should be familiar with the default ip address value of your modem or router. In order to get the internet protocol address of your ADSL router or modem, you have to connect the computer to your wireless router device. Using the command prompt window, one can easily find the default IP address of the router or modem connected to the computer. For this process, it is highly essential to use the following steps. Read about play euromillions
- First of all, you have to click on the Start button of your Windows operating system.
- Then, it is essential to type cmd in the search box and hit Enter key. It will open the command prompt window on the screen.
- In the command prompt, you have to type ipconfig / all command and press Enter key to run this command.
- The required information related to your modem or router will be displayed on your computer screen. You need to locate the default gateway line in this list. The internet protocol (IP) address listed on the default gateway line is the IP address of your ADSL router or modem.
Things to remember while buying ADSL modem/router:
ADSL router is actually very simple combination of the ADSL modem and the router. Router is basically the device used in the computer network for connecting two computer networks. In the home network, the router will connect the local home network to the ISP network for the wireless internet access. While buying the ADSL router for your wireless access to the internet, you need to consider the following important things such as,
- Need for the wireless router
- Maximum speed
- Advanced technology
- Top brand
- Configuration and connectivity options