When it comes to wooden or timber pallets they are mostly used in the making of chassis since heavy containers rest on them they need to be quite strong and durable There are quite a number of advantages when it comes to wooden pallets, there are also quite a few numbers of disadvantages as well. Wood pallets are highly susceptible to bacterial growth.
When it comes to the purpose that wooden pallets serve, there can be plenty. Most of the people tend to prefer timber pallets because of how cheap and easily available they are in the market.
Advantages of Using Timber Pallets
- Inexpensive: As it has been mentioned before that wooden pallets are pretty inexpensive. These also make up containers that are quite inexpensive as well when compared to the steel and plastic containers. If you are someone who would like to purchase something inexpensive and which can be reused the next time as well, wooden pallets is the best option for you.
- Durable: One of the reasons what makes timber pallets so popular is how durable it is. Even though they are pretty inexpensive they are able to hold up heavy products. They are really strong and pretty reliable structures which is why they are used in holding bulky products.
- Easy Availability: The easy availability of the wooden pallets is one of the reasons customers demand this so much.
- Fixed in No Time: If there is some problem that occurs in the wooden pallets they can be easily fixed with a couple of nails and a hammer. There is no complex procedure that is involved in fixing these pallets.
- Reusable: You would have to be creative enough to reuse timber pallets. One can make a great deal of things out of these. They can be made into wooden tables, fencing or even flower beds. Let your imagination run wild.
It has been seen that these pallets are indeed home to quite a few numbers of bacteria like Salmonella. They are also prone to fungal growth if they are moist for a long period of time, so in order to avoid that they should not be kept wet for a long period of time. pallets use in packaging items. They are quite prone to dust, but it becomes quite difficult to clean them because of their rugged surfaces. Even though pallets can be made from a number of different materials, the most common material that is used in the making of these is wood.
Timber Pallets in the Food Industry
The supply chain which connects the manufacturers, retailers, growers and distributors in the food industry along with the beverage industry is greatly composite. Even then, the whole structure basically rests on pallets. Without pallets, the whole chain of food and beverages supplies would be greatly curbed. Most of the time the function of the warehouse is often overlooked but we often forget that the pallets are used in the transportation of food and beverages in these warehouses which are then distributed in the market.
When it comes to the benefits of using timber pallets in the food industry, there are plenty. A pallet system that is quite effective can transform a supply chain completely. There are quite a few numbers of advantages like easier and faster transportation, increase in the efficiency of the operations, a decrease in the requirement of manual labour, an increase in the efficiency of transport, a reduction in the risk of product damage and worker injury, efficiency in the warehouse storage, and lastly providing with adequate drainage and circulation.