The rustic charm, delightful greens and slopes and peaks all around – these are the things that Dalhousie is basically renowned for. Himachal’s most dearest Dalhousie, is moreover the most less frequented destination in North India, and in this way is a heavenly break for those searching for a quiet getaway from the disorder and confusion of the daily life. The charms of Dalhousie will, for sure, take your breaths away!
The closest airport to Dalhousie is Gaggal Airport, some 46 km away. If going by train, then the Pathankot Junction is the most preferred, which is some 41 km from Dalhousie. After getting down here, you can take a Pathankot to Dalhousie taxi to reach conveniently while enjoying the luscious road trip to the pretty down.
Now check out these spots in and around this hill station to make the most out of your trip.
- Kalatop – This “White Town” of Dalhousie is secured with snow almost throughout the year. The most ideal approach to explore this spot is by strolling, since vehicles can’t cross a particular passage to Kalatop on account of snow. You can have a certified calm time here, welcoming the limitless white reaches out of snow which now and again are five feet deep!
- Diankund – Settled at a stature of 2755 meters, this is the most foremost mountain peak in Dalhousie, and from here you can acknowledge shocking perspectives of the valleys and widely inclusive viewpoints of Dalhousie. You can likewise trek and welcome the breezy trees singing their own particular tune.
- Chamera Lake – 25 km from Dalhousie, and at a stature of 1700 m, Chamera Lake is surrounded by the Chamera Dam that serves as the major wellspring of water to the towns around. Besides being an essential water source to the all inclusive community around, Chamera Lake gives mind boggling recreational choices like sculling, boating, angling, etc.
- Subhash Baoli – This enduring spring, named after the honorable Subhash Chandra Bose, has therapeutic properties and as demonstrated by legends, this very spring cured the great hero of his affliction. Immersed by towering trees, this spot in Dalhousie is a flawless spot to sit, loosen up and get lost in the dreamy panoramas of the snow topped crests around.
- Khajjiar – Known as the Switzerland of India, Khajjiar, a small hill station, is located in the Chamba district, some 24 km from Dalhousie. At the first sight, this spot might appear as if straight from the choicest gathering of a legendary painter, who painted everything green with a salubrious mountain foundation. This spot is a reviving center point for campers and trekkers.
- Bakrota Hills – For a walk around the slopes, while splashing up on the wondrous points of view of the snow clad tops around, head to Bakrota Hills. The air around this spot is so refreshing that a short trek to this point can do you tremendous good. The sole motive of driving past the Bakrota Hills should be to relax up in the brilliant perspectives of nature.
So when you plan your next trip to Dalhousie, before heading for the air ticket booking process, do checkout the various other alternatives which are cheaper and more convenient. Rest, suit yourself.